Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To work in conjunction with Workshop HGV Technicians, Engineering/development department, assisting with the identification of components, parts and consumable items as required to ensure the timely completion of company activities
- To procure, monitor and control the delivery of parts, consumables, ordered items, providing the best overall solution, ensure the timely re-ordering and replenishment of impressed stock items levels, to support and promote high efficiency in all departments.
- Communicate with and assist workshop personnel to determine priorities and requirements regarding parts type, quantity and application and availability, to maximise efficiency at all times.
- Determine best source of supply of all parts determining cost v quality for best value outcomes regarding dealership against independent suppliers
- Communicate any predicted or informed delay of ordered parts /scheduled delivery times, to workshop management or Technicians to avoid delays, promote and maximise efficiencies of all departments at all times.
- Track orders and investigate any problems or reason for delays.
- Record the movements and storage locations of parts within the stores including any necessary input of information on various data bases.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to line manager.